Proven SEO Affiliate Marketing Strategy: Offline Local Business SEO Results Post Google Updates
Lately I have been approached by a few offline businesses in the Los Angeles area for local SEO work, to build and to optimize their new sites for higher ranking in the search engines results pages (SERP).
I define my SEO rates based on competition and on competitive search terms. I really do not like the idea of working for small businesses so i came up with a new web development and SEO contract based on affiliate marketing principals which rocks.
I will create a new website, optimized it for higher ranking in the search engines for local searches and will get up to 20% from each transaction generated during six months period. I knew it might be hard to track each transaction though I could easily track the website performance, but I wouldn’t do it if I do not trust the business owner, anyways, I will never work with someone I can not trust.
I will not list here all the SEO process which starts with keyword research using my favorite keyword research tool – Market Samurai etc., but I will list the most important factors to achieve higher ranking in the search engines results pages post Google’s updates for local business in 3 to 6 weeks time.
So to start with the SEO process, I did what every experienced SEO’ers would do and that is to have optimized website structure, pages, categories, inner pages and unique content with reasonable keyword density (not so important anymore), each one is optimized for one top keyword and LSI keywrods (Latent Semantic Indexing).
Latent Semantic Indexing became an important factor in the SEO process and it is the discovery process for finding related and relative search terms and keywords phrases. LSI is a mathematical equation that will fold words into a matrix for analysis that will draw out semantically related terms. This equation relies heavily on the context in which any given word is used.
I built the site on WordPress platform, so while creating the website pages, categories or inner pages, I set up the permalinks to %postname%, so the pages or posts will have my desired links using the site’s keywords, and while naming the pages, I am adding AREA-CITY or even AREA-CITY-STATE to the “slug” especially to the contact page.
I am using SEO Ultimate plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/seo-ultimate/
..And in the SEO plugin’s settings, I am doing the same, adding AREA-CITY or even AREA-CITY-STATE for the Meta Titles, Meta Descriptions and Meta Keywords for the home page, each inner page and posts.
*Slug would be:
- http://www.DOMAINNAME.com/Category/[AREA-CITY or even COUNTRY]
- http://www.DOMAINNAME.com/Category/SubCategory/[AREA-CITY or even COUNTRY]
Home page and Inner pages titles would be..
- Title and Add [AREA-CITY-STATE-COUNRTY]
Home page and Inner pages descriptions
- Description and add [In AREA-CITY-STATE-COUNRTY]
Homepage and Inner pages Meta Keywords
- Keywords and Add [AREA-CITY-STATE-COUNRTY]
In the Code Inserter setting in the SEO Ultimate plugin I am adding the Dublin Core meta tags.
If you want to learn more about Dublin Core meta tags, please visIt: http://dublincore.org/
The most common metadata elements used by Dublin Core listed below but you can add more for local businesses:
- title (the name given the resource)
- creator (the person or organization responsible for the content)
- subject (the topic covered)
- description (a textual outline of the content)
- publisher (those responsible for making the resource available)
- contributor (those who added to the content)
- date (when the resource was made available)
- type (a category for the content)
- format (how the resource is presented)
- identifier (numerical identifier for the content such as a URL)
- source (where the content originally derived from)
- language (in what language the content is written)
- relation (how the content relates to other resources
- for instance, if it is a chapter in a book)
- coverage (where the resource is physically located)
- and rights (a link to a copyright notice)
Local Businesses Dublin Core Meta Tags Code:
- <link rel=”schema.DC” href=”http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/” />
- <link rel=”schema.DCTERMS” href=”http://purl.org/dc/terms/” />
- <meta name=”DC.title” lang=”English” content=”TITLE and Add [AREA-CITY-STATE-COUNRTY] ” />
- <meta name=”DC.subject” lang=”English” content=”DESCRIPTION and Add [AREA-CITY-STATE-COUNRTY] ” />
- <meta name=”DC.description” lang=”English” content=”DESCRIPTION and Add [AREA-CITY-STATE-COUNRTY] ” />
- <meta name=”DC.publisher” content=”YOUR OR COMPANY NAME and Add [AREA-CITY-STATE-COUNRTY] ” />
- <meta name=”DC.contributor” content=”YOUR OR COMPANY NAME and Add [AREA-CITY-STATE-COUNRTY]” />
- <meta name=”DC.date” scheme=”DCTERMS.W3CDTF” content=”YEAR” />
- <meta name=”DC.type” scheme=”DCTERMS.DCMIType” content=”Text” />
- <meta name=”DC.format” content=”text/html; charset=UTF-8″ />
- <meta name=”DC.format” content=”21808 bytes” />
- <meta name=”DC.identifier” scheme=”DCTERMS.URI” content=”DOMAIN NAME-URLand Add [AREA-CITY-STATE-COUNRTY]” />
- <link rel=”DC.source” href=”DOMAIN NAME-URLand Add [AREA-CITY-STATE-COUNRTY]” />
- <meta name=”DC.language” scheme=”DCTERMS.URI” content=”English” />
- <meta name=”geo.placename” content=”[AREA-CITY-STATE-COUNRTY]” />
- <meta name=”geo.position” content=”XX.x;-XX.xx” />
- <meta name=”geo.region” content=”[AREA-CITY-STATE-COUNRTY]” />
- <meta name=”ICBM” content=”XX.x;-XX.xx” />
SEO Ultimate plugin -Footer Setting
- <Address>Company name, street, zip code, state:your state, area, country, phone number</address>
..And.. after 3 weeks the site had gained Google search engine’s first pages, and I have already seen more profits using offline local business affiliate marketing than I would have charged for the website development and the first month SEO work.
- In the screen shots below you can see a few out of about 20 keywords that have reached Google search engines first pages.
Affiliate Marketing Post Google Panda n’ Penguin Goes Local
Adding your affiliate marketing websites to free local directories is another way to ‘kill’ Google updates :).
Think of adding your website listing the way you are creating your site’s Meta Tags.
- Your name and business name
- Your business physical address
- Zip code
- Phone number -not 1-800
- Website URL
- Contact email
- PO Box if exist
- Products title and detailed description
- Relevant category
Submit Your Site To Local Directories
I’m listing here a few but a quick search will reveal many more results based on your location
- Google Local Business/ Google Places
- Hot Frog
- Express Update USA
http://expressupdateusa.com/[/sociallocker] [fakevideo name=”ammo subscribe”]